zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Re: Visual Pinball & VPinMAME

Messaggio da zerella »

o meglio:

1. Start table, press F1 and check "Compact Display"
2. Restart the table
3. Afterwards, you may need to right-click the DMD and select "Restore Window Size", which should shrink it
4. If you right-click the DMD and select "Show Window Border", you can alter the DMD size by dragging the border
5. If you remove this line in the script

.SetDisplayPosition 1,1

You should be able to move the DMD elsewhere and not have to move it again when restarting the table.
TheBaro
Amministratore
Amministratore
Grazie Inviati: 5 volte
Grazie Ricevuti: 3 volte

Messaggio da TheBaro »

adesso verifico...sei sulla buona strada per conquistarti i terni garantiti a settimana... <-flowers->
Arcade Cab : Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, Virtua Golf, 3 Naomi, Videogame, Magnum, Astrowar, Zaccaria, Operation Bear, Point Blank 2 e 3, Taito ZuZuBlock, Racing Hero, Badlands, Generico Guida Upright
Flipper : Creature from Black Lagoon, Road Show, Dracula, World Cup '94, Theatre of Magic, Tales from the Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, Cactus Canyon, The Getaway HSII, Star Trek Next Generation, Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, Terminator 2, Revenge From Mars, ScaredStiff, Indiana Jones, The Addam's Family, Twilight Zone, Card King
zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Messaggio da zerella »

Kernel ha scritto:Ti ringrazio, ma non ho fretta. Preferirei il "pacco" <-lol->

<-rofl->
TheBaro
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da TheBaro »

mmm i link non funzicano...nn carica il sito...forse è down... <-think->
Arcade Cab : Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, Virtua Golf, 3 Naomi, Videogame, Magnum, Astrowar, Zaccaria, Operation Bear, Point Blank 2 e 3, Taito ZuZuBlock, Racing Hero, Badlands, Generico Guida Upright
Flipper : Creature from Black Lagoon, Road Show, Dracula, World Cup '94, Theatre of Magic, Tales from the Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, Cactus Canyon, The Getaway HSII, Star Trek Next Generation, Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, Terminator 2, Revenge From Mars, ScaredStiff, Indiana Jones, The Addam's Family, Twilight Zone, Card King
zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Messaggio da zerella »

funzicano sì!
zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Messaggio da zerella »

This is an AutoIT EXE I wrote that I thought you all might find useful. It is very sensative to your CPU and doesn't gobble it up while you're playing.

VPA sits in the tray and watches for various windows. If the Visual PinMAME agreement dialog pops up, it is accepted and closed automatically. If a table opens the table options dialog, it is dismissed with the OK button. Whenever the Visual Pinball player is running but it is not the active window, VPA tries to activate it.

This should make your Visual Pinball emulation experience much nicer no matter which front-end you use. Sometimes the player looses focus when the license dialog or options screen is displayed and it doesn't get it back unless you alt-tab. Accepting licenses, closing options dialogs and hitting alt-tab isn't an option for people like me who have built pinball cabinets and don't have a full keyboard available.

I realize this might be a no-no since it does bypass the VPinMAME dialog. Just realize that if you use this, you're saying you have the right to play all ROMs you've put on your machine. If this isn't good enough, then the mods can delete this thread.

You can right-click the icon in the tray to pause or exit VPA.

Cheers,

eXe

Attachment: vpa1.1.zip

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/attachmen ... tid=284398

o

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/attachmen ... tid=284400

This has been downloaded 251 time(s).
Ultima modifica di zerella il 14/02/2008, 16:28, modificato 1 volta in totale.
zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Messaggio da zerella »

Mamewah

Introduction:

In this how-to I want to explain how to set up Mamewah to use Visual Pinmame and the X-Arcade tankstick. This could also be helpful for other configurations, use whatever you need and experiment yourself.
First let me explain what Mamewah is:
Mamewah is a front-end for lots of emulators. By using Mamewah you don't have to start individual emulators to start games, you can do that with one program.
In this how-to I will only let you see how you can use Mamewah for starting arcade games and visual pinball games, but you can add a lot of other emulators yourself.

Mamewah is probably mostly used in self build cabinets, they don't have a mouse and only use a joystick and some buttons. By using Mamewah it is possible to select the games you need without interference of a mouse or keyboard. That doesn't make it useless for other setups, I think it's even fun to install without a joystick and if you only use the keyboard.

If you're still not sure what to expect after installing, here is a youtube movie with a very nice looking skin http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=MtBDwosquZM
In this movie you see how you can select the games you need and you see screenshots of the games in a separate section. In the setup I have you can change from the mame emulator list to the visual pinmame list and choose the games you need.

I have made a small video for youtube as well. Only to show the gui and how you can select pinball tables.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xwamo-ZikVw

Ok, now you know what it is. This is what you need!

Ingredients

1. I assume you already have installed visual pinball / pinmame

2. Mame (you can skip this if you only want vp/pinmame) http://www.mame.net/downmain.html
Download the Windows command line version (so not the more common mame32 version)

3. Mamewah http://mamewah.mameworld.net/downloads.htm
Download the systemfiles and the new Mamewah version

4. Vplauncher http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.co...wrapperdownload
Download the Visual Pinball Wrapper

5. Autohotkey
Only needed if you want to use the 2 pre-programmed buttons of the X-Arcade Tankstick
http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

6. Game list generator.
To make a vp table list, selectable in mamewah.
http://www.emuchrist.org/cpviewer/mamewah.htm

With this links you should be able to set everything up.

Installing

- Mame:

After downloading mame, click on the file. It will automatically extract all files you need. I extracted the files in c:\mame, if you want to be sure you'd better also extract it there. In the mame directory you see a rom directory. Put all your roms in this directory. I have a directory named c:\mame\snap where I put my mame screenshots.
You can download screenshots for all available Mame games in one pack here http://www.arcadeathome.com/aah.phtml (select the full set).

- Mamewah

Mamewah is zipped, so open the zip file after downloading and place the files in c:\mamewah
Selecting Mamewah.exe will start the main program, but it is not configured yet. So first we need to set mame and mamewah up.
Mamewah uses some configuration files you can adjust manually and sometimes with help from programs.
- In the mamewah directory is a mamewah.ini file. Here you can set up some mamespecifics like enable or disable sound etc. I didn't change this file.

In the c:\mamewah\config directory are the most important files placed.

c:\mamewah\config\layout.lay (this file contains the way mamewah is presented, you can make a layout with c:\mamewah\MAMEWAH Layout Designer.exe
c:\mamewah\config\mamewah.cfg (this file gives you some controle over input devices like mouse, joystick and keyboard. I didn't change this file.

In the C:\mamewah\config directory is placed a mame directory, so C:\mamewah\config\mame In this directory are 2 mame specific ini files stored.
With these ini files you tell mamewah, where mame is placed, where to find the snapshots etc.
I also did not change the C:\mamewah\config\mame\mame.ini file because I installed everything in the default directories as you can see above. I think it's better to use the default locations, to avoid any problems.
The other file in the same directory C:\mamewah\config\mame\mame-0.ini also not changed.

If you have installed everything as explained, did not change any config file and placed some rom files in c:\mame\rom and some screenshots in c:\mame\snap you should be able to start mame roms with mamewah like this:

Start Mamewah with c:\mamewah\mamewah.exe
Select 2
Now you see "Game List Options" highlighted
Select 1
Now highlight "Generate List"
Select 1

A list with all your roms should be listed now including the screenshots.
Start the games you want by highlighting the game and select 1.

- MAMEWAH's Layout Designer

In the c:\mamewah directory you will find MAMEWAH Layout Designer.exe.
With this program you will be able to change the lay-out of mamewah with more ease.
Click on c:\mamewah\MAMEWAH Layout Designer.exe
There will be started an Untitled layout. This layout is pretty basic and only suited for 640x480 screens. I'm using 1280x1024 so I needed to adjust the settings to make selecting programs with mamewah more comfortable.
First start by selecting drop down menu "Background" => Size and choose the size of your background.
Choose the picture you want to use as your background (in my case c:\mamewah\config\main.jpg)
Now make the designer screenfilling so and drag all information to the place where you want it to be. You can also change the size of the boxes. So that's all up to your imagination. There are nice pics on the internet for mamewah with nice boxes for placing the most needed info.
Unfortunately I've not seen them yet for 1280x1024 so I've used a random picture.
A very nice effect is transparency, click on the box you want to make transparent and select "Object Properties" => transparent. This way you make the box transparent.
Boxes you don't need unselect them "Display objects" => main form =>

There are many more settings you can adjust, just look at all the drop down menus and try them.
After you finished, save the lay out "File" => save layout as
Save it as c:\mamewah\config\layout.lay

Start mamewah, and you will see it with your new layout and background.
---

List generator.

The automatic list generator in mamewah works good for mame roms, but doesnt seem to be working for vp.
There is a program, "Game List Generator.exe" that helps.

The program needs to be placed in the mamewah directory. After starting C:\mamewah\Game List Generator.exe you need to select the games folder. The games folder for vp is the Tables folder where you keep the vpt files.

For your rom extensions, choose vpt. The Mamewah files folder is c:\mamewah\files\. For the filename enter vpinmame.

After that get codes and you should be able to select something. In my case that is tb6 or tb8. If not change the names of the files into something like FireballClassic_1-1(tb6).vpt

- This is a part I don't exactly understand. I've renamed all my pinball tables and added (tb6) or (tb8) in the names to be able to get them generated. Probably not needed, but I don't know another way at this point. -

Select the tb6 and other (individual list) and click generate. After that; write file.
Now there is a file placed in c\mamewah\files called vpinmame-1.lst.
Rename the file to vpinmame-0.lst and the list should show in mamewah.

I'm sure this is not the best way to handle it, but it works and I don't know another method.
---------------------

I will continue to change and expand this until I think it is good enough.If you have any questions or comments let me know in this thread. I'm not an expert, just learned this very recently, so don't hesitate to add suggestions to improve this tutorial.
TheBaro
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da TheBaro »

si ora il sito è tornato up...
risolto il problema tasti!
trovato il programmino per il disclaimer (quello l'avevo trovato anch'io..) :P
per il display, devo trovare il modo di fargli ricordare le impostazioni! §(Condensed display e windows size) per tutte le tavole senza farlo uno ad uno..
intanto grazie... <-thumbup->

non capisco pero perche usi un list generator..quello di mamewah va benissimo...
zerella
Affezionato
Affezionato

Messaggio da zerella »

quasi tutto risolto in un colpo solo?

mica male dai!
TheBaro
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da TheBaro »

eheh...non c'e' come sapere le cose... <-viannen->
Rispondi

Torna a “Emulatori Windows”