Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Originali e sistemi Arcade (Naomi, SEGA Model, Triforce, Atomiswave, MVS, ecc.)
Akira84
Città: Nh
Grazie Inviati: 1 volta
Grazie Ricevuti: 2 volte

Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Hi,
Has anyone tried the heroes of the storm 5 2020 in 1 arcade game board?
It has a h2+ processor and 512 mb ram. So it is a faster board than the pandora's box 4.
It has a 16 gb micro sd card, and on board nand storage.
The stock software is android based. It has a working favorites menu, and a scanline filter option.
The games do run better than pandora , such as NBA jam and mk1 .
I started trying to hack the board. It uses 3 different versions of mame and it uses final burn alpha.
The roms list and game names are stored in a database file. I have been able to successfully add some games however they encrypted the game names so I can not add names to the new games I added.
Some games are missing sound samples so I am trying to figure out where to add the samples folder.

I have also successfully booted retrorangepi on the board, but the joysticks and buttons do not work. But the usb ports work so it is playable with usb gamepads.
Been trying to figure out how to get the joystick and buttons working.
zanac
Cab-dipendente
Cab-dipendente
Città: PD
Grazie Inviati: 16 volte
Grazie Ricevuti: 22 volte

Re: Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Messaggio da zanac »

Very interesting... it's nice see someone that start hacking a new board! But it work on 15khz?
About joystick it sure use gpio, you must discover the addressed (this is the most difficult thing of course ;))
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Hi zanac,
Unfortunately I believe it's only vga/hdmi no cga/15hz.
In the stock software it uses suni-gpio.ko which I am guessing is to control gpio for the buttons and joysticks.
The board also has a built in usb encoder so you can plug it into a pc/ps3 to use as a usb controller.
So I tried using a male to male usb cord to plug that usb port into another on the board.
Retrorangepi recognized it as one game pad but not all the buttons would work. And up and left on the joysticks would not work.
The up/left and single controller issue is a common issue with xinmo type usb controllers.
So I recompiled the kernel with the xinmo patch with the proper Id numbers and it fixed the up/left issue and recognized it as 2 controllers but still would not recognize all the buttons.
I plugged the board into my windows pc and windows recognizes it as 2 controllers but still does not register all the buttons. So I think it's a hardware issue.
So I'm back to trying to figure out how to use the gpio to make the buttons and joysticks work.
I'm trying to figure out how to access the on board nand storage to see if there is a script.bin file that might tell me the pin names for the gpio pins.
zanac
Cab-dipendente
Cab-dipendente

Messaggio da zanac »

Hint... There are good Assembly to C "decompiler" that try to translate the kernel module into the original code
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Great, thanks for the hint. I'll give it a try
zanac
Cab-dipendente
Cab-dipendente

Messaggio da zanac »

Anyway i'm pretty sure that gpio is the same (40 pin?) of OrangePi that use h2, so if you use a small python script that write gpio state just try to print all pins with and without a Button of joystick pressed.. When you grab all pinout you can modify for example the driver gpio for pandora that i publish on github
zanac
Cab-dipendente
Cab-dipendente

Messaggio da zanac »

Akira84 ha scritto: 28/09/2018, 20:32 Hi zanac,
Unfortunately I believe it's only vga/hdmi no cga/15hz.
For now the only solution with a new chipset and cga seems the 3a that i describe here:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=31216

I really trust that someone will buy and start hacking!
nasoftz
Città: Macerata
Grazie Inviati: 2 volte

Messaggio da nasoftz »

Akira84 ha scritto: 27/09/2018, 17:54 Hi,
Has anyone tried the heroes of the storm 5 2020 in 1 arcade game board?
It has a h2+ processor and 512 mb ram. So it is a faster board than the pandora's box 4.
It has a 16 gb micro sd card, and on board nand storage.
The stock software is android based. It has a working favorites menu, and a scanline filter option.
The games do run better than pandora , such as NBA jam and mk1 .
I started trying to hack the board. It uses 3 different versions of mame and it uses final burn alpha.
The roms list and game names are stored in a database file. I have been able to successfully add some games however they encrypted the game names so I can not add names to the new games I added.
Some games are missing sound samples so I am trying to figure out where to add the samples folder.

I have also successfully booted retrorangepi on the board, but the joysticks and buttons do not work. But the usb ports work so it is playable with usb gamepads.
Been trying to figure out how to get the joystick and buttons working.
hi, mine it is labeled as “6s” , pcb “gb2000s” ,it has one unused sdcard slot ,all android emu and roms are stored into the 16gb nand, I was able to mount its emmc.
I have a question .....I already found the game.db sql file you are talking about, all dir & roms are under a media subdirectory called “moorechip” encrypted, where did you manage to upload the new roms? could you share with me where they must be placed? many thanks
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Hi,
This is all from memory as I have not messed with it in a couple months.
There are three different versions of mame and 1 version of fba. You need to add the appropriate version of roms to the appropriate folder. Example a mame .37 rom needs to go in the mame .37 folder.
Follow the folder and naming structure of the other games.
Then you need to edit the games.dB file.
One section of the dB file has a bunch of different columns with the headings in latin, I figured out what most of them meant.
First column? is the rom zip file name, there is one named aemulator or something like that which corresponds to which emulator/mame version to use for that zip file.
I'll have to check my notes to give you more details.
But make a new entry, fill out all the columns appropriately.
Then another section of the dB file has the display name, make a new entry here as well. On my board the display names are encrypted and just show random numbers and symbols. Let me know if yours is the same, as this is what's stopping me from adding more games.
I was able to add more roms, and movies, they were playable and the movies showed up , but the display name was blank.
Let me know if this helped at all. When I have time I'll check my notes and give you more specfic details and examples.
How did you mount the emmc? I want to mount mine to see if there is anything stored on it, as mine came with an sd card.
nasoftz
Città: Macerata
Grazie Inviati: 2 volte

Messaggio da nasoftz »

many thanks for sharing this info!
I have already managed to add roms to game.db like you did and I'm able to select them from heroes menu but due to the encryption applied under "moorechip" dir I can't read rom dir names/mame version where to fit movies and game, isn't in yours? if not ....... could you upload your sdcard dump for us? I will really appreciate this or anything other tips on how to add new roms to the respective dirs.
About emmc , I was able to mount it on armbian installing retrorangepi image for h2+/h3, for sure, integrated joystick controller doesn't work, usb ext joy needed.
PCB has not network interface.. however I was able to configure a wifi usb dongle :) for remote connection via ssh and sftp
the most important volume partition inside emmc is Volume14G
my rom dir :
/media/pi/57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b/media/0/moorechip (every dir/file showed like FWYduRomfDFSHFDHSFH._gfgeg etc..)
directory sql3 database
/media/pi/57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b/data/com.moorechip.gamemenu/databases (not encrypted dir/names here, only inside the db file and latin names row like in your)
changed chown for added roms : sudo chown 1023.1023 rom.zip
changed chown for modded game.db : sudo chown 10001.10001 game.db
I found android apk used for menu and other emu things.... I see a hidden "install game" fuction inside menu.apk, still trying to investigate more...
about your system ...Probably your emmc is empty?
Rispondi

Torna a “PCB Jamma e sistemi Arcade”