Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Originali e sistemi Arcade (Naomi, SEGA Model, Triforce, Atomiswave, MVS, ecc.)
6buttonmash
Città: London
Grazie Inviati: 1 volta
Grazie Ricevuti: 4 volte

Re: Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Messaggio da 6buttonmash »

@nasoftz

Little "possible" discovery which may help you get akira84s Heroes 5 image and my Pandora 6 image working with the controls on your board.

Make a copy of your SDcard/EMMC and take any files relating to com.moorechip.gameime from it and copy them over the top of the file versions on the heroes 5 or my pandora 6 image.

IE copy these (there may be more) from your image over the top of those on my or akiras image.

Codice: Seleziona tutto

com.moorechip.gameime (A folder which is inside the data folder)
system@priv-app@GameIME.apk@classes.dex (a file in the dalvik-cache folder)
Then try his and my image on your board again.

This may or may not help with your controls not working on his and my image as from some very brief (it was only quick) those files and that apk which installs those files seem to be the ones related to controls/controller inputs. Obviously it will not help get retrorangepi or other software working on it though.
nasoftz
Città: Macerata
Grazie Inviati: 2 volte

Messaggio da nasoftz »

6buttonmash ha scritto: 16/02/2019, 16:44 @nasoftz

Little "possible" discovery which may help you get akira84s Heroes 5 image and my Pandora 6 image working with the controls on your board.

Make a copy of your SDcard/EMMC and take any files relating to com.moorechip.gameime from it and copy them over the top of the file versions on the heroes 5 or my pandora 6 image.

IE copy these (there may be more) from your image over the top of those on my or akiras image.

Codice: Seleziona tutto

com.moorechip.gameime (A folder which is inside the data folder)
system@priv-app@GameIME.apk@classes.dex (a file in the dalvik-cache folder)
Then try his and my image on your board again.

This may or may not help with your controls not working on his and my image as from some very brief (it was only quick) those files and that apk which installs those files seem to be the ones related to controls/controller inputs. Obviously it will not help get retrorangepi or other software working on it though.
thanks for the tip! I'm going to give it a try, however I suspect that without a registered sunxi_gpio driver module on android it cannot work... I have the correct one and I can overwrite the existing one but I 'm not able to install it couse i need superuser rights.... :(
Akira84
Città: Nh
Grazie Ricevuti: 2 volte

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Ordered a new board, when it comes in I'll be back trying to hack/mod it.
Anyone made any progress?
6buttonmash

Akira84 ha scritto: 27/02/2019, 0:38 Ordered a new board, when it comes in I'll be back trying to hack/mod it.
Anyone made any progress?
The only thing ive also discovered since our last communication is looking through the apks and classes files in the software it also appears to support/has MAME4ALL as an emulator which appears to have not been used by default in either the heroes 5 or pandora 6 variety of the software/images we have made available on here. I wonder why that is? Or if there are any games that can run what the other mame versions used can not? Or if MAME4ALL does a better job at some games at all?

PS... Hope you get your new board soon, a shame you could not fix your current one :(

PPS... Did i read somewhere you also had a pandora 9 box/board? If so i think that can also use the trick of adding to the .db file to add more games, although there is apparently 2 versions of that board also so maybe they have locked that down in one of the versions.
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

I think mame4all is the emulator that runs the mame 37 ROMs, so I think your version is using final burn alpha for the fba ROMs, then mame4all is installed on your version but they did not include any ROMs for it, but I added a mame37 folder and ROMs to your version and they work by using mame4all as the emulator but I could be wrong.
The Pandora's box 9 is made by 3a or 3h company like the official Pandora's box 5 and 6 and that company has added extra encryption to prevent hacking so I have not made any progress on the Pandora's box 9.

I'm keeping my broken board and when I have time might try to fix it again but was not having any luck so I just ordered a new one
6buttonmash

You could be right but i think there is more emulation capability to the system than maybe first thought.

On both your Heroes 5 image and my Pandora 6 image In the various apks and classes.dex files there are references to 2 different FBA emulators and a load for Mame.

For Mame there are VERY CLEAR and separate references to MAME4ALL, MAME4DROID, Mame 0.39 and more. Which confuses things more as from what i understand MAME4DROID is what should do Mame 0.39. MAME4ALL also got renamed to MAME4DROID at some point and has 2 versions. One which does 0.37/375b roms (which was previously called MAME4ALL) as you mention and one that does 0.39/0.139 roms. That leave the question of what emulator runs the 3rd version of Mame roms on the Heroes 5 image? Also why are there at least 2 emulators for version 0.39 on it? (Its very clear its separate emulators if you go through the classes.dex files).

I think for FBA there are 2 emulator versions as an older version of FBA on android (which is now hard to find) had greater compatibility with very old arcade titles while the newer version does the Capcom and Neo Geo stuff better. (Or thats the only reason i can think as to why it has 2 versions.... (I dunno how or what file determines which version it should use per game though).

Im also pretty sure i saw a reference to a file path for PSX roms in one of the classes.dex files, but do not remember seeing anything relating to any emulators for it. (perhaps it was planned but did not appear or was fully implemented until the version of the board which cheezemasta has).

Right now im trying to figure out a way to either get APK files to run at start up or a better thing would be get the Game.db or similar file to also list installed apps see you can launch them from that, if i can manage to do that then technically you could shove retroarch on it, configure it and save it all with a keyboard plugged in and then basically it should be able to play everything upto about PSX/N64 date/time frame. (would also be nice to have proper filters and 32 bit colour rather than the horrid 720p 16 bit colour smeary/blurry output the unit seems to display which make it look like you are viewing it through a jar of vaseline even with the filters in the settings menu turned off, seriously it looks so blurry compared to running the same games on my pi, then again all pandoras boxes ive seen seem to have the smear effect to the graphics so im moaning too much about that lol).
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Just got my new board in the mail today.
Same board revision number as my other one but this one has nand/emmc storage and no SD card.
When I have time I'm going to dump the nand and see if we have another version of the software to play with.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qAWryK ... p=drivesdk
6buttonmash

I assume you mean the software is stored on NAND/EMMC rather than SDcard, looking at the picture the board still has an SDcard slot (right hand side edge of the board about half way down next to the micro usb port). SO you should still be able to run your prior SDcard and the image i uploaded. AGREE though will be interesting if the software on the EMMC/NAND is different to your prior version though.

If you need help dumping it let me know ill go back over and take notes on how i did my EMMC dump this time around.

PS....... If its Heroes 5 software i think i remember that displays its version number in the config menus at the bottom. That will be a good start point to potentially tell if its any different to your old SDcard version. Glad you got your new board and are back up and running :)
Rispondi

Torna a “PCB Jamma e sistemi Arcade”