Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Originali e sistemi Arcade (Naomi, SEGA Model, Triforce, Atomiswave, MVS, ecc.)
nasoftz
Città: Macerata
Grazie Inviati: 2 volte

Re: Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Messaggio da nasoftz »

nice to meet you, thanks to join!
nice! it would be interesting to check your emmc image...
just follow the steps below
prepare a sd card with (armbian) retrorange pc plus image
insert the sd card into your the sd slot on the heroes wait until retrorange menu appear, connect a keyboard press f4 and launch startx at prompt

config your network , enable ssh and get a RPI usb wifi dongle to get access to the internet

to install p7 zip
apt-get install p7zip

– check for eMMC (device mmcblk1):
cat /proc/partitions
df -h /

launch this command to backup on current dir
dd if=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=10M | 7zr a -bd -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on -si emmc.img.7z

get zipped image via sftp (you must install an ftp service .. sudo apt-get install vsftpd) or use an usb sd card adapter and get your image with Windows file browser (installing paragon linux ext reader or similar)

upload it
Hope it helps
6buttonmash
Città: London
Grazie Inviati: 1 volta
Grazie Ricevuti: 4 volte

Messaggio da 6buttonmash »

Ok ive got as far as being able to boot retroOrangePi and can get to the desktop of Armbian with the startx command

How do you config your network , and enable ssh???... I think it may be working with no additional steps needed over the wired connection for me, connecting an Ethernet cable to my router and the pandora/Heroes box i can see "RETROORANGEPI" in my Network on windows. So i do not think i need a wifi dongle.

Also the other issue ive spotted is i think on my heroes/pandora box it may have more than one partition for the EMMC memory.

When i am in the Ambian desktop.
I click on the Applications menu
Select File Manager
Which opens up a window
Under Devices it has the following
File system
1.1 GB Volume
Volumn
134 MB Volume
17 MB Volume
PRIVATE
14 GB Volume

If i browse the "Volumn" (yes that one is spelt with an n on the end) that definitely appears related to my Pandora/Heroes box as there is a bootlogo.bmp file and others inside which is the image my pandora/heroes box displays when it boots up. Ambian reports that "Volumn" partion is only 127MB out of 133.9MB in size though so clearly that is not that entire thing but is a needed partition. Im guessing (and it is a wild guess) the other partition named "14 GB Volume" is the other required partition as that would tie in with the size of the earlier uploaded Heroes5.img on here.

Thus the question now is....
How do i backup the required paritions as clearly there is more than one needed and although im no expert at command line, looking at what you suggested will only backup one partition and one with a name i do not appear to have.

Any further suggestions?
6buttonmash

UPDATE....

I ran from command line cat /proc/partitions and can see "mmcblk1"
Potential issue is there are several variants as shown here...
ambianpartionslist.jpg

Should i just run it for mmcblk1 or will i need to do it for one or more of those ending in "p (and a number 1-15) and/or the mmcblk1boot0 and mmcblk1boot1 also???
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
nasoftz

Messaggio da nasoftz »

6buttonmash ha scritto: 20/01/2019, 19:08 UPDATE....

I ran from command line cat /proc/partitions and can see "mmcblk1"
Potential issue is there are several variants as shown here...
ambianpartionslist.jpg

Should i just run it for mmcblk1 or will i need to do it for one or more of those ending in "p (and a number 1-15) and/or the mmcblk1boot0 and mmcblk1boot1 also???
you re on the right way
I have the latest gb2000s pcb version,no ethernet port no jamma connector than if you have an onboard ethernet port you don t need to plug and configure usb wifi adapter
my emmc have the same multiple volume as your, with the dd command you re going to clone the entire emmc.
6buttonmash

Thanks for the reply, my son is currently feeling a little ill so i have not made the image yet, however all being well i should have an IMG backup of my boxes EMMC by the weekend. Not sure where to upload yet, was thinking of using MEGA unless anyone has better alternatives which are free.

PS Has anyone dumped the 1760 Arcade TV Game Box system yet? Like your box that has no jamma connector but does run android and has a similar H5 processor to the H2+ which is in our Pandora/Heroes boxes, so an image of that may also work, particular on your system with the missing jamma connector.

Would also be interesting if the Pandora key 7 images works as the layout of the board (im not sure on the CPU in those) is very similar to the heroes boxes which have a jamma connector (IE like mine and Akira84s).
6buttonmash

Hi again,

Ok this was a BLEEPING :wink: nightmare, but i have managed to do it, before i post the link though you can read through my suffering as a Linux noob for a laugh <-on_lol->

First i had some issues downloading 7zip dunno why. It just would get part way and not complete the install.

It also did not like using the dd command with the standard user ambian/retroorangepi login, after some googling i found out that some report you have to have admin or higher rights to use the dd command, so i tried to find them for retroorangepi, which i could not, after ages i remembered some Linux distros have an ROOT account setup already luckily retrorangepi does also have a root user/login so i tried switching to that (more googling for a Linux noob like me) found them, managed to switch to root rights. Hurdle one overcame.

I then wanted to also compress the file like you mentioned could not get 7zip to install/work but after some more googling found pigz was another recommendation which compresses to standard linux .gz format and is suppose to be fast. Managed to install that fine.... Progress again :)

i then had to wrap my head around the dd command and how to use it with pigz (nightmare for a noob like me again). Just as i thought i had managed that it turns out it did not like issuing an output file name without a drive/mount or folder in place first so the command you gave where you used "emmc.img.7z" on the end for the output would not work. This took me ages to realise why things were not working. and all it needed was me to add "/home/FILENAMEOFIMAGE.IMG.GZ" on the end instead. <-yahoo->

About an hour later i had my image file in the home directory of the sdcard..... Success so here it is....

https://mega.nz/#!Lv4A1YzD!HSfUxqMtI6qB ... R5lsjyte-I

Other things i have noted........

My pandora6 image is smaller than the Heroes 5 image (i know that has 2020 games and mine only 2000 but its near 2 gig smaller)
My pandora6 image can be read on any computer that can read ext4 partitions. (or to be more precise the main partition on it can be) i have not tried reburning it but i do not think that was the case with the Heroes5 image that Akira84 posted. If people reading are using Windows and as you briefly mentioned they install Ext2Fsd even they can read it.
I could not find any .apks on my pandora6 image, though i have not looked in detail, ill leave that to your magic hands, maybe it has some configuration apks that are not all in chinese like on the heroes 5. Which you could find and rip again.
I am new to all this so may be wrong, but..... The roms do not appear to be encoded or encrypted from what i can tell, most are in the media/0/ folder without any weird naming like you mention in an earlier post here.... http://arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 14#p338617 i have not had time to SSH in detail though to see if it encodes/encrypts things when running.

Anyway hope it is of some help to you @nasoftz and @Akira84 if he is still reading the thread

One other thing i have learned on my adventure....... Next time when playing around with command line on the box ill just do it all over putty to save having to hook up monitor, keyboard and mouse to it lol :-D
nasoftz

Messaggio da nasoftz »

you did it...! ;)
I m going to download it as soon as possible:)

about 1760in1 image ... I m still searching for that “open”android image! like your and akira one that image work on all heroes5 board, hoping that someone who got one would like to share a dump here.....
many thanks! :)
Maurizio
6buttonmash

Hopefully it helps, even if the joysticks etc do not work with my image for you, you may as the image is in part readable on a computer be able to some how throw together the drivers/config from your board for the joysticks with my image and have something new. (ie a mix and match of what you need). The 1760 image would be nice, i think the problem is finding a linux distro that can be loaded on that to clone the emmc, i do not think retrorangepi supports the H5 chipset/CPU which is in the 1760 box.

I have also made a few other discoveries. I dunno how i did this exactly but you can access / launch some kind of advanced settings program with various menus all in Chinese or Korean, i assume it is one of the .apk programs you uploaded earlier in the thread. Which i assume allow you to configure the device even further and maybe even add more roms via USB, but obviously it is all in Chinese / Korean, so no idea what anything actually says (for now).

I can not say for sure what i did, but it appears you have to hold a combination of buttons or tap a specific button or buttons when booting. I may have also of accidentally been pressing the config button on the back or the button above the HDMi connector (ive never figured out what that button does either lol).

Basically i had the top door open and it leaning against a wall when i powered it on, so i think some of the buttons and possibly the config or hdmi button were being pressed as i powered it on. It booted into some kind of setting program, with a list of menus or options which led to other menus / options when you selected one, i turned it off at that point as being unable to read it i knew i would probably screw something up if i started randomly selecting things.

Ive tried to deliberately replicate it since but can not. If i can find out how i did it and do it again, ive had the idea of loading my phone up with a translation app to point at the screen while in the program to translate all the Chinese text to find out what all the menus do. There must be a heck of a lot you can do as some of the menu options were several screens in length.

There may be hope for developing this thing further yet :)
Akira84
Città: Nh
Grazie Ricevuti: 2 volte

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Great work, I'll download the image and take a look.
Very interesting the menu you found, let us know if you figure out how to access it again
nasoftz

Messaggio da nasoftz »

Akira84 ha scritto: 30/01/2019, 3:27 Great work, I'll download the image and take a look.
Very interesting the menu you found, let us know if you figure out how to access it again
maybe the same menu that launch factory settings apk? I managed to enable it pressing “insert coin”+”1player” buttons togheter while the system is booting up ;)
all in chinese .. however you can read the menu content using google translator app on your smartphone, just take a photo than use it to translate the content from chinese to english ;) I suppose that pandora 6 1760in1 version use the same board/cpu revision gb2000s and no jamma connectors like mine, if so it s not an h5 (1080p system) but an h2+/h3 (720p) that is still compatible with your revision board too, i think the h5 is the one used on the pandora 3d/key7 version, the one I purchased is a Grogrou pandora 6 720p with “advanced cpu”). I was not able to take a look on the chipset label due to a strange heatsink mounted on the pcb, I m planning to remove it at soon and check.... but from armbian and freedroid report the cpu as a h2+/h3 from allwinner..
UPDATE:
if you want to make some experiment, you can install mame4all and some other android emulator on the 3droid image we already tested..... they works! :) I m already trying to enable my joystick controller, i was able to manage mame4all using usb external pad... probably your/Akira integrated joysticks will work out of the box.... an alternative way to get an “openpbdroid” version :p
Rispondi

Torna a “PCB Jamma e sistemi Arcade”