Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Originali e sistemi Arcade (Naomi, SEGA Model, Triforce, Atomiswave, MVS, ecc.)
nasoftz
Città: Macerata
Grazie Inviati: 2 volte

Re: Heroes 5 2020 in 1 game board

Messaggio da nasoftz »

For my board revision
I must find a way to compile a remapped “sun8xi_gpio” module and properly install it to get my controller to work on armbian or android, more easy on 3droid or maybe from 1760in1 original image where I may get full system control than on the original heroes5 “locked” system img, I have already tried to simply overwrite it, but the system does recognize that module anymore .. :(
Akira84
Città: Nh
Grazie Inviati: 1 volta
Grazie Ricevuti: 2 volte

Messaggio da Akira84 »

A quick look at 6buttonmash SD image, the games.db file is not encoded, everything is readable including the game display names. It looks like it only uses fba, but there is an empty mame37 folder so there might be a version of mame installed.
Going to try to add ROMs and report back.
6buttonmash
Città: London
Grazie Ricevuti: 4 volte

Messaggio da 6buttonmash »

Right sorry in advance for the long post folks, trying to respond to everything new :)
Akira84 ha scritto: Great work, I'll download the image and take a look.
Very interesting the menu you found, let us know if you figure out how to access it again
No problem, hope it is of some help, there has to be something different between the pandora 6 and heroes 5 apart from just the menu art, and amount of games loaded. The reason i say that is the image i created of my pandora6 can be read on a computer system with ext4 partition support, or at least one of the larger partitions can.

When i Burn your heroes5 image though akira84 it boots up find and works just fine on my box (obviously did not try all 2020 games though) but plugging the sdcard in via my computer direct NOTHING can be read from it, so i assume either the file system is different (which would be strange, i doubt they have gone to any effort beyond loading different amounts of roms and changing menu art) something got corrupt during my download (which is a worry) or something weird happened when you created/copied the sdcard to make the image. Can you or nasoftz confirm i am not going insane and confirm that my image can be read IN PART on a computer with ext4 support but the heroes5 image can not.
nasoftz ha scritto:maybe the same menu that launch factory settings apk? I managed to enable it pressing “insert coin”+”1player” buttons togheter while the system is booting up ;)
Ah right it may weel be :), ill check when i get home from work tonight and report back, if it is that and it that works on my box.
nasoftz ha scritto:all in chinese .. however you can read the menu content using google translator app on your smartphone, just take a photo than use it to translate the content from chinese to english ;)
Yep that was my plan, then either make notes what each option does save screengrabs if possible and also see if there is anything in there which could unlock this box a bit more.
nasoftz ha scritto:I suppose that pandora 6 1760in1 version use the same board/cpu revision gb2000s and no jamma connectors like mine, if so it s not an h5 (1080p system) but an h2+/h3 (720p) that is still compatible with your revision board too, i think the h5 is the one used on the pandora 3d/key7 version, the one I purchased is a Grogrou pandora 6 720p with “advanced cpu”). I was not able to take a look on the chipset label due to a strange heatsink mounted on the pcb, I m planning to remove it at soon and check.... but from armbian and freedroid report the cpu as a h2+/h3 from allwinner..
I would imagine your board is a H2+, that is what is in mine and akira84s. My board revision is the same as Akira84s, the software on mine though is basically the same as yours (Grogou branded pandora 6) rather than heroes 5. His image and obviously my image both work due to the same hardware. Retrorangepi when in exiting to the command line if i remember right for my board report the same allwinner information that you have previously seen. So i imagine the CPU in your machine, mine and akiras is at least one thing that is the same lol.

The 1760 Arcade box is DEFINITELY a H5 CPU and not a H2+/H3 here is an image of the 1760 board...
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XDN9MwphK3Y/maxresdefault.jpg
Apart from the strange way they have mounted the CPU on that board does the layout look like yours? Its the only other Allwinner arcade games type board i know of with no jamma (apart from the 'home' versions of some of the REAL pandoras).

From what i understand the CPU is very similar to the H2+/H3 both are quad core, it main difference is the shared GPU in a H2+/H3 it uses the Mali-400 MP2 but the H5 GPU uses Mali-450 MP4. Apparantely this very small difference is enough for retrorangepi at least NOT to run on the H5... http://www.retrorangepi.org/about/ at the bottom of the page it says "NOTE: Until we get working GPU drivers, there will be no support for new boards like Orange Pi PC2, Orange Pi Win, Orange Pi Prime or any other with Mali 450 GPU or A64/H5 CPU." Whether that means it will not boot at all or if it just means retropie side of things will not run but the rest of the linux side (command line, Ambian GUI etc) will i dunno.
nasoftz ha scritto:UPDATE:
if you want to make some experiment, you can install mame4all and some other android emulator on the 3droid image we already tested..... they works! :) I m already trying to enable my joystick controller, i was able to manage mame4all using usb external pad... probably your/Akira integrated joysticks will work out of the box.... an alternative way to get an “openpbdroid” version :p
That experiment sounds like fun when i have a bit of free time, for a newbie to linux like me just getting the dd command working was a bit of a nightmare hehe But yeah i do plan of trying other things like Mame :)
nasoftz ha scritto:For my board revision
I must find a way to compile a remapped “sun8xi_gpio” module and properly install it to get my controller to work on armbian or android, more easy on 3droid or maybe from 1760in1 original image where I may get full system control than on the original heroes5 “locked” system img, I have already tried to simply overwrite it, but the system does recognize that module anymore .. :(
Hmm this should be possible, on the Linux side of things the source code for sun8xi is available online, also i am not 100% sure but I THINK older versions of retrorangepi may have supported that GPIO. Im sure i read something somewhere about a different kernel revision having that driver.
I found this driver which is for use in Ubuntu/Debian installs on the Orange Pi which Armbian is based on and its named very similar to what you require, could this work???...
https://github.com/loboris/OrangePi-Bui ... o-sunxi.ko
Even if you had to start with a plain Debian/Armbian install and then install retropie or similar once you have things going that would be a start at least. I have no idea how or if it would be possible to port anything like that into our heroes5/pandora6 img files though.
6buttonmash

Akira84 ha scritto: 30/01/2019, 17:13 A quick look at 6buttonmash SD image, the games.db file is not encoded, everything is readable including the game display names. It looks like it only uses fba, but there is an empty mame37 folder so there might be a version of mame installed.
Going to try to add ROMs and report back.
Yeah as i briefly mentioned, my pandora6 image seems in some way less locked down, most of the roms are in sub folders of the media/0/ directory/folder of the image, ive no idea why a large partition of it can be read on a computer but your heroes5 image can not. I also noticed about MAME and that having no roms in it, weirdly it seems to have a couple of roms which i did not think were for FBA but for MAME in the FBA folder.

Im also going to do more experiments, now i know the file/folder structure it may be possible to even load them via USB stick, with my pandoras6 if you plug a usb stick in the back on one of the USB ports from memory a message pops up saying something about reading files/disk, but beyond that i never got it to do anything, now though knowing the folder layout for the roms it may be a different story ;)
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Made a new entry in the games.db, it showed up and was playable
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Well this sucks, I had some loose wires in my test set up and one of them touched my board while it was running and I saw a spark and a puff of smoke, now it won't boot.
Made a nice discovery before that.
I copied the mame37 folder from my image to the new image,
I added mk to the games.db, under rom path put this /storage/emulated/0/mame37/mk/
Under emulator type put 2
It worked and was playable.
So we can add some mame games.
Sadly this might be it for me for awhile unless I can figure what fried on my board or order a new one.
This sucks we were starting to make some progress.
6buttonmash

:( That is bad news about your board Akira84 i am quite good at electronics repair though, if you saw the area where the board sparked and the smoke came from and better yet are able to upload a picture or two of the area i may be able to advise what has gone and if it is easily repairable or not.
If the board is still getting power (look at the LAN LEDs and the tiny LEDs on the board) there may be a chance it can be fixed easily
If the board is not getting power, then assuming the PSU itself is still working (The LED strip light and fan if your box has those should still spin/light up if the PSU still works) then it may be dead beyond repair
If the PSU is not powering the fan or Light strip then it may be the PSU itself which has died or the fuse in the mains plug (dont know what country you are from or if your mains plugs have those) may have gone.

Either way if any photos show any damage i may be able to advise you.

On a good note though its great to hear you were able to get other MAME games to run. I have one question though how did you copy the mame37 folder from your heroes5 image to the pandora6 image? I as i mentioned previously can not even browse/read your heroes5 image or the SDcard when written on my computer. My pandora/heroes box will read the Heroes5 SDcard fine but i can not read it at all on my computer.

Also is there any particular program you used to read and edit the game.db file? There seems to be a few free apps online to edit those, but might be best if we all test using the same programs.

Im going to play a bit more today, check on the menu trick nazsoftz mentioned, to see if that works and if i can translate any of it easily. and maybe have a go at what you mentioned with regards to adding MAME games. Shout back if you have any further advice for me or if i can potentially offer advice and help to you in pointing to what may be wrong with your board :)
Akira84

Messaggio da Akira84 »

Hi,
My board still gets power, I'll take some pictures and explain in more detail what happened,incase you have any ideas on how to repair it.
I do all my editting and reading of the SD card using a Linux operating system on my laptop. My heroes image is accessible just fine on my laptop. I have found the programs to read ext file formats on Windows to not always work properly. What opperating system are you using on your computer?
I got frustrated with using Windows to read/write Linux filesystem, so my laptop dual boots Linux and windows.
This is the program I use to edit the games database.
https://sqlitebrowser.org
nasoftz

Messaggio da nasoftz »

look near the pcb dc power plug, if it s not power up at all, problem will be around there, diode cap, voltage regulator, etc

just starting to inspect the fresh uploaded 6buttonmash emmc dump ...
the packages.xml show that your system use same "private" apk s I already uploaded, maybe an early release than the one installed on my system that 's why no encryptions found :) the Akira one is in the middle, than mine... XD

Still not tested directly on my pcb,
planning to see if I can get my gpio joysticks to work with your img as soon
nasoftz

Messaggio da nasoftz »

Akira84 ha scritto: 31/01/2019, 16:08 https://sqlitebrowser.org
I use the same sql browser :p
Rispondi

Torna a “PCB Jamma e sistemi Arcade”